APT base’s their management fee on the condition of the property, location and rental amount. Our rates typically average between 8-10% of the gross monthly rents collected. Obviously discounts are provided for multiple properties and large apartment buildings. Our leasing commission is 80% of the first month’s rent which we use to pay the tenants leasing agent. We charge a flat fee of $150 for lease renewals. We provide an on-staff maintenance technician at $40/hr for handyman work. If the repairs require a “specialty” technician such as HVAC, electrical or plumbing repairs the invoice is passed to the owners at no additional mark-up. APT charges an initial $40 service call fee to cover drive time and purchasing of materials.
Our management fee covers the tasks below:
- Collecting rents
- Complete monthly bookkeeping including year-end 1099 tax forms
- Coordination of all maintenance issues with on-call 24/7 emergency service
- Serving document to tenants for breaches of lease, vacate notices and other tenant related correspondence
- filing evictions
Additional services we perform above our normal management services listed above are:
- Court Appearances
- Administration of specialty maintenance services
- Multiple bids on repairs needed
- Government Agency disputes
- “For Sale” showings, inspections and other listing requirements unless its listed with APT.